At the level of the European Union, ECCE’s objectives are:
- To promote the highest technical and ethical standards.
- To provide a source of impartial advice.
- To promote co-operation with other pan-European organisations in the Construction Industry.
National Governments and Institutions
At the level of National Governments and Institutions, ECCE seeks:
- To advise and influence individual governments and professional Institutions.
- To formulate standards and achieve a mutual compatibility of different regulations controlling the profession.
- To formulate standards for a European Code of Conduct of the Civil Engineering Profession and disciplinary procedures applicable throughout the Union.
Profession and Industry
At the level of The Profession, related Organisations and Industry, the aim is
- To formulate guidelines to maintain and raise standards of civil engineering education, training and professionals competence.
- To assist in achieving mutual compatibility of Euro codes, standards and regulations in the related industry.
- To encourage and improve levels of health& safety and quality in the industry.