The “European Convention for Constructional Steelwork” (ECCS) is the only European organization which brings together the Steel Industry, the Fabrication and Contracting specialists, and the Academic world through an international network of construction representatives, steel producers, and technical centres.
To promote the use of steelworks in the construction sector by the development of standards and promotional information. It also helps to influence decision makers through the management of working committees, publications, conferences, and by active representation on European and International Committees dealing with standardization, research and development and education.
Networking and lobbying
- A vast international network of contacts in the industry and universities.
- Information on European steel events, related news and information disseminated through ECCS website.
- On line directory of European steel fabricators through links to members’ websites.
Technical support and research
- Experts involved in 10 Technical Committees under the supervision of the ECCS Technical Management Board
- Principal partner of the European Commission for harmonization and dissemination of the Eurocodes.
- Publication of more than 150 technical books.
- Recognised expertise through the network on seismic, fatigue, fire safety…
Promotion and marketing focused at specifiers
- Best promotional information thanks to a Promotion Management Board cooperating with the Independent Promotion Organisations (IPOs).
- Network of members specialized in research, promotion of Eurocodes, education and lobbying.
- Biennal European Steel Design Awards and Steel Bridges.